As soon as fall approaches I turn pumpkin-obsessed. If you’re like me then it is very tempting to go for all the pumpkin flavoured lattes and treats that many places are now offering, even though they are good on the eye but not so good on the wallet. So what does one do to bash these cravings?
Read futher to see how you can make this recipe! 👇
If you enjoy the taste of pumpkin as much as I do then this recipe will fulfill all your fall wishes! The best part is that it combines both banana AND pumpkin to create a comforting and filling breakfast or snack, especially for this time of year. I was inspired to re-create my own version from the original on Running With Spoons but I’ve added a few optional ingredients to take this pumpkin banana bread to a whole other level! Cinnamon, apple, pumpkin…Trust me, this will become your new go-to fall treat.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tbs coconut oil (what I used to grease pan)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 grated apple
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit, and grease pan.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar) until well combined.
- Mash banana with a fork and add in wet ingredients (eggs, banana, grated apple, pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract) until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until batter is created and all ingredients have been combined. This is the time to stir in optional add-ins. I took the opportunity to sprinkle some coconut flakes on top!
- Pour the batter into the bread pan until evenly distributed. Bake for 60 mins or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let cool and enjoy!
The result: a not-too-sweet & slightly dense fall loaf that is worth every minute of preparation.
What’s your go-to fall recipe?! Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!